The Mass setting began as a set of Eucharistic Acclamations. They were designed to be introduced responsorially but then sung straight through. Later at the request of an American parish a Penitential Rite, Gloria and Lamb of God were added. The whole setting was revised in the light of the 3rd edition of the Roman Missal.
The Mass of St Gabriel is intended for a variety of resources and can work with just a single unaccompanied cantor to choir, instruments, keyboard and guitar.
The setting has been approved for publication by the Department for Christian Life and Worship.
Mass of St Gabriel
Penitential Act, Gloria, Eucharistic Acclamations (Sanctus, Memorial Acclamations, Amen), Lamb of God.
Congregation, Cantor, Choir, Priest, Keyboard, Guitar, Instruments
- Mass of St Gabriel: full (pdf)
- Mass of St Gabriel: Penitential Act – Keyboard (pdf)
- Mass of St Gabriel: Penitential Act – choir, guitar (pdf)
- Mass of St Gabriel: Gloria – Keyboard (pdf)
- Mass of St Gabriel: Gloria – choir, guitar (pdf)
- Mass of St Gabriel: Eucharistic Acclamations – keyboard, guitar (pdf)
- Mass of St Gabriel: Lamb of of God – Keyboard (pdf)
- Mass of St Gabriel: Lamb of of God – Choir, Guitar (pdf)
- Mass of St Gabriel – Instruments (pdf)
- Trumpet in Bb
- Trumpet in C (same as Bb – could be played by another melody instrument)
For information about permissions see About Page.
To obtain copies of the Assembly editions use the Contact page.